Artistic swimming is a unique sport that involves strength, endurance, flexibility and teamwork.
The Markham Artistic Swimming Club, founded in the 1970's is recognized as one of the top artistic swimming clubs in Ontario. Our quality Recreational and Competitive programs are delivered by a highly qualified and professional coaching staff.
We are a private, non-profit club serving athletes ages 5 and up from Markham, Unionville, Milliken and Thornhill areas. The club is run by our executive members who are the parents or guardians of the athletes in the club. The executive positions are President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Registrar. The focus of the program is to promote long term youth sport participation and promote healthy development in youth.
Our programs include:
- Recreational AquaGo programs: An introduction to the basic skills and the sport of artistic swimming, one hour per week for nine weeks. There are three recreational sessions throughout the season.
- Mini Synchro: Year-round introduction to the competitive level for swimmers under 8 years of age. This program runs twice a week, one hour each class.
- Competitive Regional League: Year-round introduction to the competitive level. This program offers two options: once a week for two hours or twice a week for two hours. This group participates in local novice competitions.
- Competitive: Year round programs with practice schedules that vary based on level from 6 to 14 hours per week. Our competitive athletes compete both provincially and nationally.
(Please note that not all programs are available this season. For more information on our programs visit our Program section in this website)
The Markham Artistic Swimming Club is a group that allows boys and girls an opportunity to participate in the sport of Artistic Swimming. The sport is a combination of athletics, dance, teamwork and poise. The sport can be fully participated by the physically and cognitively challenged.
- To increase participation in youth sports and recreation programs.
- To increase participation in artistic swimming for all.
- To align our programs with the Long Term Athlete Development and Canadian Sport for Life Models.