Call for Head Coach Applicants
Markham Artistic Swimming Club
About Markham Artistic Swimming Club:
Founded in 1970, the Markham Artistic Swimming Club (MASC) is a private, nonprofit artistic swimming organization located in the vibrant community of Markham, Ontario. With a rich history of excellence in artistic swimming, MASC is committed to nurturing the talents of our athletes while fostering a strong sense of teamwork, discipline, and sportsmanship. MASC serves athletes ages 5 and up from Markham, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Stouffville, Newmarket, Aurora, Vaughan and North York area.
Position: Head Coach
MASC is seeking an experienced and dedicated Head Coach to lead our artistic swimming program. The Head Coach will be responsible for developing and implementing training programs, providing technical instruction, and inspiring athletes to reach their full potential in a positive and supportive training environment. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of artistic swimming in Markham.
- Athlete Development: Develop and implement training plans that cater to various age and skill levels, ensuring the growth and progression of our athletes.
- Technical Instruction: Provide expert technical instruction in artistic swimming, including choreography, routines, and synchronized swimming techniques.
- Team Leadership: Foster a culture of teamwork, discipline, and sportsmanship among athletes and coaching staff.
- Competition Preparation: Prepare athletes for local, provincial, and national competitions, including choreographing routines, coordinating travel logistics, and managing competition-day strategies.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with the club's board of directors, parents, and volunteers to ensure the smooth operation of the club and the realization of its goals.
- Safety and Well-being: Prioritize the safety and well-being of athletes, ensuring that all training and competition activities are conducted in accordance with safety guidelines and club policies.
- Community Engagement: Act as a positive ambassador for MASC within the artistic swimming community and the broader Markham community.
- Minimum of 5 years of coaching experience in artistic swimming, with a proven track record of developing athletes at various levels.
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Competition Development Trained certification or equivalent is preferred.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Passion for artistic swimming and a commitment to the growth of the sport.
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities.
- Current certification in first aid and CPR.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following application materials:
- A cover letter outlining their coaching philosophy and relevant experience.
- A detailed resume with references.
- Copies of coaching certifications.
Markham Artistic Swimming Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
Join our team and be a part of the vibrant and growing artistic swimming community in Markham! Together, we can continue to inspire young athletes and achieve excellence in the world of artistic swimming.